YOU BETTER WORK! Yes, the first 30 seconds of this podcast is an excerpt from Rupaul’s Supermodel (You Better Work).
There has been a lot of local and national news around Drag Queens. We wanted to talk about these performers and how they really embody the pure spirit of entrepreneurship – creating something out of nothing, overcoming obstacles, facing fear and failure, developing a brand, marketing/sales, building an audience, etc.
News stories we covered:
- Stonewall Inn is named National Monument
- Lady Chablis, star of Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil passed away
- PULSE in Orlando, a popular Drag bar, was the site of the largest mass murder since 9/11
- Sia performed at Coachella in a dress inspired by Columbus Drag Superstar Nina West
- Rupaul WINS an Emmy
- Nina West is asked to join Adele on stage at Madison Square Garden!!
- Drag for Pelotonia raised $28,000 (including donor matching) to end cancer
Enjoy the show!